skip to main content

Golfers

Register Here to receive our newsletter, competition prizes and offers.

Membership

Register Here for access to our Newsletter, Media Centre and Membership details.

Penshurst Place

Contact Details

Penshurst, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 8DG

Visit Website
Back to listing

Penshurst Place

Penshurst Place has been owned by the Sidney family since 1552; after passing through the hands of two of Henry IV's sons, followed by Henry VIII who used it as a hunting lodge. Given to Anne of Cleves as part of her divorce settlement from Henry VIII, it was then briefly in the hands of Sir Ralph Fane and was finally gifted by Henry VIII's son, Edward VI, to his loyal steward and tutor, Sir William Sidney.

Search Golf Tourism England